Due to growing demand, Psychology Chartered will be running another support worker training designed to target the very specific and often challenging aspects of working with adults with an acquired brain injury.
This one day personal development course will improve the support worker’s ability to:-
- Identify and address the emotional impact on themselves when working with clients who display challenging behaviours
- Achieve and maintain rapport with clients following difficult episodes or disengagement
- Engage clients who are difficult to motivate (examples may include enabling a client to complete self-care tasks, undertake community based activities etc)
- Improve knowledge and skills regarding how to effectively interact, communicate and ‘debrief’ with clients with cognitive and communication difficulties
The training will be informed by a wide range of psychological models including
- Psycho-educational information regarding brain injury
- Neuro-anatomical models
- Listening skills / motivational interviewing
- Cognitive & Behavioural Models
- Compassion focus & Mindfulness approaches
The training event is suitable for support workers of different levels of experience although some initial experience of work with this client group is likely to be of benefit. This particular event does not specifically address the management of physical aggression. Here is what delegates said who attended this event back in December;
"This was a very informative and enjoyable course and challenged how I view challenging behaviour"
"All aspects of the course are extremely relevant to my form of work"
"The opportunity to work in groups and share experiences I found really useful. The day was very interactive which I liked"
Tea, coffee and refreshments will be available from 9.30am on arrival with a view to start promptly at 10am. Lunch is not included in the training cost but can be easily purchased on the day as we are a 2 minute walk from the town centre of Havant.
The cost for this 1 days training is £85.00 ( Plus VAT) per person and a place can be booked by completing our booking form. To book your place please contact Chloe Nunan at email@example.com or Ellen Shaw firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a booking form.